Thursday 2 May 2013



The grass really ISN'T always greener on the other side


About a decade ago, I had the pleasure of being employed by Home Hardware in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.  I worked for and with, some of the greatest people you'll ever have a chance to know.  As summer was arriving, we as floor staff were to stock shelves with seasonal products...that's when I first laid eyes on "him".  A beautiful, 2 kilogram bag of fine, Kentucky Bluegrass lawn seed. This bag of seed evoked thoughts of Southern Belles clad in beautiful, frilly dresses walking barefoot on this lush ocean of blue-green (dare I say...AZURE) grass, eating KFC, while listening to Neil Diamond (Kentucky Woman...naturally), waiting for the Derby to start!!!!  I...MUST...BUY...THIS!!!  So, I put my plan into motion.  Soon, I too, would be a Southern Belle, eating my bucket (or barrel...depending on the mood), with the prettiest lawn on the block!  Each day I would wait upon my glorious little grass seed to grow, dreaming of my gazebo and 5 piece brass band. Then the day finally arrived, and my task was now complete.  As it turns out...it's only grass.  Happy Thursday Everyone!!! xx  Babiesmumma. xx
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps you needed some sweet sun tea to round out the experience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, some sweet sun tea with my KFC. That would have been a perfect scenario. lol x x x x

    ReplyDelete