Wednesday 15 May 2013



Little Things Mean Alot.

My daughter has been playing with a piece of paper she took from an old CD cover, and has been ripping it into shapes for about half an hour now.  Lily is surrounded by toys galore.  Some play music, some talk, some spin and some...well, I don't even know what some of them do because she hasn't played with all of them.  This just proves the point that you DON'T NEED TO SPEND alot of money to make your kids happy.  My kids are happiest when we're singing songs together, or when I make them laugh by making silly faces or noises.  I remember as a kid, (not that I'm recommending this activity, as it's dangerous, but, oh so fun!) one of my favourite things to do was to grab an old Comisso's cardboard grocery box, drag it to the top of the staircase, then hop in and slide all the way down the stairs! My parents NEVER saw me do this, as I'm positive the box would have been confiscated and my behind lightly tapped! ha!  I would love to play outside all day, and all night if I could! My friends and I would play skips; double dutch was my favourite, hide and seek, and all sorts of things that didn't require an entry fee or plastic card to swipe.  I sometimes feel like my kids are missing out because they don't have ipads, ipods, whatever the heck they're called, but, I think good old fashioned one on one time with Mum and Dad is so much better.  It's a win, win!  They get to learn, and we get to look at their adorable faces and steal a few kisses and cuddles.  After all, it won't be long before we start to hear the dreaded words, "Ewwwwww Mum!  Not in front of my friends??!!".  Happy Hump Day everyone! xx Babiesmumma xx

4 comments:

  1. I think my favorite childhood story about you is the one when you took nonno's money after a dinner dance and started flushing it down the toilet !!! LOL also not recommended for children or adults :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks, Stef!!! What about you, dare I mention...Kentucky Fried Tina!!!!! lolololol

      Delete
  2. You are helping them become creative children who will be able to think for themselves. That's a good thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robyn! That means a lot to me, and I think so too! x x

      Delete