Saturday 4 May 2013




 

Let's just see how Handy you are, Manny!! 


You know you've been watching too much Disney Jr. when you start hoping that certain cartoon characters will go on to have a romantic future together; date, get married, and then ultimately, have little cartoon babies.  OK, Handy Manny...Kelly, I think it's time we start to take things up a notch. Come on!  The tools need a step mummy!  They've been dragging this storyline on too, too long!  If anyone can remember the whole Who's the Boss "Toni and Angela" love story, you will appreciate Manny and Kelly...except, they're animated characters in a cartoon with a Spanish speaking cast, including talking tools (although, I've often thought of Toni Danza as being a tool ha!).  And, since we're on the topic of the show, Mr. Lopart...really?? I think we all know your little secret, perhaps it's time that Manny build you a custom Oak closet....SO YOU CAN COME OUT OF IT.   Mr. Lopart, aka, Leonard, is a cartoon man in approximately his mid to late 40's, he owns a sweet shop, has a cat named FLUFFY, and has a love/hate relationship with his mother.  Ohhhhhh boy, I really REALLY need to get a life..waaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, AND BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS IN THE UK!!!  xx  babiesmumma xx

6 comments:

  1. Sad but true, I understand your longing to see the romance bloom...and they have dropped hints that it will, but yes enough with the drama a la Tony/Angela.
    Incidentally, did you know it's Wilmer Valderama (Fez from that 70s show) who provides the voice for Manny?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did, Heidi! LOL As strange as this may sound, I believe this is one of his more serious roles as an actor!!

      Delete
  2. I am so glad that my babies are not into that stuff anymore...I used to get the songs in my head and would catch myself watching even when they weren't around !!! Funny blog Dori, but you might wanna take a break from cartoons before you turn Handy Manny into an animated version of Y&R LOL !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph, CLEARLY you do NOT know me very well!!! I LIVE FOR THIS STUFF!! When we were without our TV for 3 weeks, I'm not quite sure who missed Nick Jr. more, the kids or US!! Bubble Guppies...my new fav, has excellent songs and music...just love it! lol

      Delete
  3. Hahaha...Teddy wanted us to name Leo "Bubbleguppy Bergeron", well that or Teddy...I think we made the right decision. I agree about this being a more serious role for him even if the show is for kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teddy has great taste, apparently! lol Yes, from Fez to Manny...not a tough transition! lol

      Delete