Saturday 18 May 2013


...And then there were two.

I remember the first time I laid eyes on our son, Jack, I was in disbelief.  I couldn't believe he was mine.  He was this perfect little boy with fair skin and big eyes and a sweet disposition.  I lost my Dad about 7 years ago, and Jack is the spitting image of him, yet, he also looks a lot like my husband.  It's a win win, really, as both men are handsome and wonderful role models.

When I was pregnant with both Lily and Jack, I suffered enormously with something called SPD, now referred to as PGP (Pelvic Girdle Pain). Because my pregnancies were so close together, I never really had a chance to get over the symptoms from my first child to the next.  Therefore, with Jack it was severe.  I could barely walk, especially towards the end.  I remember going grocery shopping with my husband and daughter, and having to go and sit by myself in the cafeteria that had shut down for the night.  I was in so much pain and so embarrassed that I sat there while I waited for Rob to finish up, and just cried and cried.  Needless to say, I didn't enjoy my second pregnancy very much.

I wasn't very sure about Jack, I felt frightened.  I didn't think I could do this...take care of two young babies under the age of two.  Lily was 15 months old when Jack was born.  I was worried that I wouldn't love him as much as Lily.  She not only was my first child, but my miracle child.  Lily was the baby that I was told I could never have, so she was and is my joy, my tiny piece of heaven on earth.  How could I possibly love any other child like I love her? Then came Jack...

My little bundle of happiness who had me at "waaaaa waaaaaaa". lol.  As I mentioned before, my pregnancies were not fun, but with Jack, it was even more difficult.  Although I had a planned C section, it wasn't quite as easy as I thought it would be.  I won't get into detail, but, they had to knock me out to have him.  I had never been put under in my life and it felt horrible when I woke up...but thankfully, those little gingernut cookies the midwife brought me worked a treat!  I felt much better, and so they rolled my little Pumba in to see me.  He was perfect...and still is.  I have never seen a child smile and giggle so much at such a young age.  He's my happy little dude. 

So, now, not only do I get to love and BE loved by one of the most beautiful little girls in the world...I get it X'S TWO!!  I have won the baby lottery!! Now, this being said...I am no longer buying lottery tickets!!!  WE...ARE..DONE!! lol  Happy Weekend, everyone!! xx babiesmumma xx




4 comments:

  1. Awww, you're gushing. It's wonderful to see you so happy. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong...it's no cake walk, they're BOTH very trying, but I couldn't imagine my life without them. x x x x x

      Delete
  2. I read this through happy tears, my dear friend. To be blessed is one thing, to know it is another and you have both. You deserve it. You are an amazing Mamma with a fabulous hubby and two adorable children. You followed your dreams, and they just kept getting better. Faery kisses and all my luv xxxx Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel...I'm so blessed to have you in my life as well. I don't think it was sheer coincidence that we both found each other in this country, after knowing each other many moons ago. You are also very blessed to have Tom and this wonderful opportunity to start over. You've done so well and I'm so very, very proud of you. x x x x x x x Dori

      Delete